Conference on Semantics in Healthcare and Life Sciences (C-SHALS)
|C-SHALS speaker slides posted here. We will continue to update as slides are made available.|
|Participate in FriendFeed Blog for CShals 2009|
|C-SHALS 2009 Program book is available (.pdf)|
With the success of the first C-SHALS Conference in 2008, the International Society for Computational Biology is happy to present C-SHALS 2009. This conference focuses on the continued evolution of pharmaceutical applications using Semantic Technologies. We have presentations and discussions of practical semantics-based approaches to Drug R&D and Healthcare, organized along specific topics and moderated to induce interactive discussions around key questions. This conference is valuable to anyone wishing to understand which areas of advanced in intelligent information technologies can have the greatest impact in Pharmaceutical R&D and improved Healthcare.
|C-SHALS 2009 - Discussion Page|
|The conference organizers are pleased to announce keynote presenters for C-SHALS 2009:
|Introducing the W3C Semantic Web for Health Care and Life Sciences Interest Group Tutorial|
|Poster submission site is closed but late posters may still be considered, space permitting, and have them contact email@example.com.|
|Read what C-SHALS 2008 attendees had to say|
C-SHALS themes include:
- Clinical Information Management
- Clinical Decision Support
- Discovery Information Integration
- Translational Medicine / Safety
- Integrated Healthcare and Semantics in Electronic Health Records
- Search and Document Management
- Text Mining/ Information Extraction
Conference participants discuss and explore the following technology
- How are Semantic Web standards being best used?
- What technologies exist for automated reasoning and search agent?
- How well do semantic tools enable the visualization and utilization of information and knowledge?