Call for Presentations
** CSHALS 2011 Submission Site **
The ISCB Conference on Semantics in Healthcare and Life Sciences (CSHALS) is a forum for the presentation and discussion of semantics-based approaches and challenges currently faced in the Healthcare and Life Science Industry. The conference features keynote lectures, invited talks, selected oral presentations and posters.
Conference organizers are accepting abstract submissions for poster and oral presentations in the following topic areas:
Biologics, Compounds & Chemistry - use of semantic technologies for any aspect of work with chemical compounds and biologics.
Biomolecular Semantics - use of semantic technologies for any aspect of work with biological pathways and molecular interaction networks.
- Clinical Harmonization - use of semantic technologies for clinical trials and other highly-regulated environments relative to healthcare.
- Emerging & Established Standards - the development and practical application of content and knowledge representation standards for use with semantic technologies.
- Genomics & Genetics - semantic applications to biomolecular systems, from the genome-centric, transcriptomic, proteomics, epigenomic, or any other biomolecular profiling.
- Linked Data - Projects, results, and best practices in using Linked Data principles to apply Semantic Web technologies in health care and life sciences.
- Ontologies & Knowledge Bases - practical application of knowledge engineering principles and techniques.
- Safety, Efficacy & Outcomes - Semantic efforts in support of Drug Safety, Efficacy and Outcome prediction within clinical trials, as well as post-market surveillance.
- Translational Medicine - practical application of semantic technologies across multiple stages of the typical pharmaceutical R&D pipeline.
- Other (New and Innovative)
|August 30, 2010||Call for Oral and Poster Presentations Opens|
|October 15, 2010||Call for Oral Presentations Closes|
|October 29, 2010||Oral Presentation Acceptance Notification|
|January 7, 2011||Call for Poster Closes|
|January 14, 2011||Poster Presentation Acceptance Notification|
|January 21, 2011||Registration Deadline: Accepted Presenters Required|
Participants interested in presenting at CSHALS are required to submit a 500-word abstract organized according to
the sections described below. This abstract will be printed in the conference program and available on-line.
The submissions will be reviewed using the following criteria:
- The objectives and motivation, as an introduction of the application of semantics relevant to CSHALS. (Note specifically, with which of themes, stated in the call for participation, your work aligns)
- Method - name or describe the semantic tools and technologies used and any relevant analyses.
- Results - present the main accomplishment of the work - what capability has been added? What was the impact? Lessons learned? Advantate/Disadvantage of using a semantic approach achieved.
- Conclusions - present major theoretical contributions and practical implications of the study. This statement should be followed by specific recommendations.
Supporting PDF Document
In addition to the abstract, while not required, submitters are encouraged to upload a one-page PDF file in order to aid in the selection process. The supplemental PDF should only be uploaded to provide more information and context than is possible in the text abstract, such as figure(s), a description of character data, and/or a statement of the intended user community. PDFs that simply expand on the text of the abstract will be disregarded. This PDF will not be published and is intended for evaluation purposes only.
Please note: CSHALS conference registration for accepted presenters must be completed by
January 21, 2011 remain eligible to present at CSHALS. Payment of the conference registration fee is the responsibility of the presenter.