posted 19 Oct 2006
Demonstrations allow organizations to showcase their software and/or hardware relevant to the bioinformatics / molecular biology community.
(Submissions now being accepted until June 1, 2007)
- 50 minute demo session allotted to for-profit organizations or 25 minute demo session allotted to non-profit organizations (time and date scheduled by ISMB/ECCB 2007)
- Listing in the conference program, including demonstration time in the main schedule and a 50 word summary in the conference program book
- Listing on conference web site for overview of organizations demonstration
- Private demonstration room
- Audio-Visual equipment provided includes internet connection, data projector, screen, microphone (all additional equipment required will be charged at cost to the presenting organization)
Does not include conference registration.
To conduct demonstration, organizations must complete the on-line sign-up form including a brief description (50 words maximum) and a one (1) page demonstration overview (PDF).
The cost to present a demonstration at ISMB/ECCB 2007 is:
For-profit organization: US$2000
Not for-profit organization: US$400
Demos will be scheduled in either 25 or 50 minute time slots. Presenters must finish on time to allow for the set-up of the following demo presentations.
Demo presenters will be provided with a Windows-based desktop computer and Internet access. If a different operating system is required presenters should bring their own computer and contact the audiovisual team at least 24 hours before you are due to give your demo.
If you intend to use a Windows computer provided by the conference for your demonstration, please bring a CD containing any software and presentation material that needs to be loaded, or make your software and other material downloadable via the internet.
Within your time slot, you are at liberty to demonstrate your software in any way that you see fit: for example, you can combine one or more structured talks with live demos and question-and-answer sessions. Authors should provide handouts for attendees.
Major sponsors will be given precedence for demonstration time slots.
Acceptance and Confirmation
All submissions will reviewed by the Demonstration selection committee and notification of acceptance will be forwarded no later than June 1, 2007. Demonstration presenters will be contacted by ISMB/ECCB 2007 regarding presentation acceptance, demonstration schedule, logistics and payment. Payment should not be made until organizations receive notification of acceptance.
For information on demonstrations contact email@example.com.