The GLBIO 2013 conference is being held at Carnegie Mellon University Campus at the University Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, southwestern Pennsylvania approximately 22 miles from the Pittsburgh International Airport.
5032 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
The Pittsburgh International Airport is 22 miles (approximately 45 minutes driving time) from the Carnegie Mellon campus. For more information, please visit FlyPittsburgh (www.flypittsburgh.com/) or call 412-472-3525.
Once you arrive at the Pittsburgh International Airport there are several transportation options to bring you to campus or to your hotel:
- Taxi service.The average taxi fare from the airport to campus is about $40-$45, plus gratuity. There are typically taxi cabs outside of the airport, but if you need to call a service, call Yellow Cab (412-321-8100) or Classy Cab (412-322-5080).
- Rental Car. You can rent a car on-site at the Pittsburgh International Airport. For more information, including a list of car rental agencies and phone numbers, please refer to the transportation services (www.flypittsburgh.com/car_rental) section of the Pittsburgh International Airport website.
- Public Bus Transportation with Port Authority Transit. The 28X Airport Flyer (www.portauthority.org/paac/) bus stops in the heart of the Carnegie Mellon campus and typically takes 45 minutes en route to the airport. The trip is free for Carnegie Mellon students and costs $2.75 for other passengers. For more information about schedules and rates, please visit the official PAT website (www.portauthority.org/paac/) or call 412-442-2000.
- Super Shuttle. Super Shuttle (www.supershuttle.com/Locations/PITAirportShuttlePittsburgh.aspx) provides shuttle service between the airport and downtown hotels. For reservations, contact Super Shuttle at 1-800-258-3826.
- Hotel Shuttle Service. Because many hotels offer a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then on to Carnegie Mellon, please inquire about this option when making your lodging reservations. Please refer to the transportation services (www.flypittsburgh.com/limousines_taxis_buses) section of the Pittsburgh International Airport website for further contact information.
The Greyhound Lines (www.greyhound.com/en/locations/terminal.aspx?city=171150) bus terminal is located less than eight miles from campus in downtown Pittsburgh. For a detailed transportation schedule, call Greyhound at 1-800-231-2222. The Pittsburgh station is located at 55 11th Street and can be reached at 412-392-6513.
The Amtrak Train Station-Pittsburgh (www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=am/am2Station/Station_Page&code=PGH) is located at 1100 Liberty Avenue, less than five miles from campus. For information on rates and schedules, call Amtrak at 1-800-872-7245.