Call For Technology Track - ISMB 2012
Technology Track Chair: Rodrigo Lopez, European Bioinformatics Institute, Cambridge, UK
**Technology Track Submissions - Closes April 20, 2012
The Technology Track allow organizations to showcase their software and/or hardware relevant to the bioinformatics / molecular biology community.
To conduct a Technology Track presentation, organizations must complete the on-line sign-up form including a brief description (50 words maximum) and a one (1) page Technology Track presentation overview (PDF). The presenter of the Technology Track must be a registered and paid delegate of the conference.
The cost to present a Technology Track is:
- For profit organization: US$2000.00
- Not for profit organization: US$400.00
- 50 minute presentation time allotted to for profit organizations or 25 minute presentation time allotted to non profit organizations (time and date scheduled by organizers)
- Listing in the conference program, including presentation time in the main schedule and a 50 word summary in the conference program book
- Listing on conference web site for overview of organizations Technology Track presentation
- Private Technology Track presentation room
- Audio-Visual equipment provided includes internet connection, data projector, screen, microphone (all additional equipment required will be charged at cost to the presenting organization)
- **Does not include conference registration** Presenters must be registered to attend ISMB in order to provide a presentation.
Technology track presentations will be scheduled in either 25 or 50 minute time slots. Presenters must finish on time to allow for the set-up for the following presentation.
Presenters will be provided with a Windows-based desktop computer and Internet access. If a different operating system is required presenters should bring their own computer and contact the audiovisual team at least 24 hours before you are due to give your presentation.
If you intend to use a Windows computer provided by the conference for your Technology Track presentation, please bring a CD/Flash-drives containing any software and presentation material that needs to be loaded, or make your software and other material downloadable via the internet.
Within your time slot, you are at liberty to demonstrate your software in any way that you see fit: for example, you can combine one or more structured talks with live demos and question-and-answer sessions. Authors should provide handouts for attendees.
Major sponsors will be given precedence for Technology Track presentation time slots.
All submissions will reviewed by the Technology Track selection committee and notification of acceptance will be forwarded no later than May 11, 2012. Technology Track presenters will be contacted by¬†the confernece organizers regarding presentation acceptance, Technology Track schedule, logistics and payment. Payment should not be made until organizations receive notification of acceptance.
*** Click here to sign-up to complete your submission for the Technology Track ***