Location and Travel
TIPS FOR TRAVELING AT HIGH ALTITUDE
Aspen/Snowmass are 9,100 feet above sea level and Altitude sickness is something that visitors to Colorado commonly experience. Read tips for helping ease altitude sickness.
NOTE: Independence Pass is closed in December, please do not attempt to drive through Leadville
- Take I-70 west to Glenwood Springs.
- Take Exit 116 at Glenwood Springs, follow the signs for Hwy. 82 (right at 1st traffic light, right again at 2nd traffic light, onto Grand Ave./Hwy. 82, crossing bridge over Colorado River), toward Aspen.
- Follow Hwy. 82 for approximately 38 miles. DO NOT turn at the first sign for Snowmass (note mileage); this will take you to "Old Snowmass." Follow the signs for Snowmass Village/Snowmass Ski Area.
- Turn right onto Brush Creek Road at the traffic light, following signs toward Snowmass Village/Snowmass Ski Area.
- At traffic circle, continue straight to stay on Brush Creek Rd for another 2 miles
- Turn left onto Wood Rd./Wood Run Rd. (turn left to stay on Wood Rd.)
- Hotel on the left: Viceroy Snowmass Hotel, 130 Wood Rd., Snowmass Village, CO 81615 (970) 923-8000
Directions From Colorado Springs:
- Take I-25 North from Colorado Springs about 70 miles
to Exit 194 (C470 West)
- Take C470 West to I-70 West
- Go to Step 1 (above) under "From Denver & Eagle Airports and all
points east of Aspen:"
Map of Aspen
GROUND TRANSPORTATION FROM DENVER AIRPORT TO ASPEN
CoMtnExpress direct to Viceroy Hotel
Stops in Vail and at individual hotels in Aspen and Snowmass. Various stops.
- Fly to Denver and drive to Aspen/Snowmass (approx. 220 miles). -
http://flydenver.com for airport/airline information and ground
- Fly directly to Aspen/Snowmass Airport - www.flyaspensnowmass.com
- Fly to Eagle/Vail airport and drive to Aspen/Snowmass (approx. 55 miles)
- http://flyvail.com for airport/airline information, ground transportation
options and driving directions to Snowmass.
Other helpful information.
Viceroy Hotel : www.viceroyhotelsandresorts.com/snowmass
Travel Information: www.flyaspensnowmass.com
Colorado Tourism: www.colorado.com
Viceroy Hotel - Hotel transportation is provided complimentary to the Viceroy Hotel (conference hotel) from the Aspen/Pitkin County Airport. Advance reservations for the shuttle are not required, a telephone is available at the airport to request shuttle service.