ISCB Africa ASBCB Conference on Bioinformatics 2017
The conference will take place October 10-12, 2017 with workshops occurring on October 13, 2017 at the Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI), Plot No: 51 -59 Nakiwogo Road, Entebbe, Uganda.
Traveling to Uganda
Below are the requirements for entry into Uganda. Further details can be found here: http://gov.ug/content/requirements-entry-uganda
Single entry: U$ 50 per individual
Multiple entry visa 6-12 months U$ 100
- Visas do not permit gainful or voluntary employment in Uganda.
- Entry into or exit from Uganda should be made only through gazetted ports of entry/exit
- Yellow fever vaccination card is mandatory for all travelers getting into Uganda.
- Visa Exemptions: Nationalities that do not pay for Visa while entering Uganda i.e. nationals of countries that do not pay for Uganda visas
COMESA (Angola,Eritrea, Malawi, Madagascar, Seychelles,Swaziland, Zambia, Comoros, Kenya, Mauritius, Zimbabwe)
EAC (Tanzania, Rwanda, Kenya, Burundi)
OTHERS (Antigua, Barbados, Fiji, Grenada, Lesotho, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, The Grenadines, Vanuatu, Cyprus, Bahamas, Belize, Gambia, Jamaica,
Malta, Singapore, St. Vincent-Tonga.
Any other exemption as may be specified on arrival
- Every intending visitor is required to carry a genuine passport/travel document with validity beyond one year.
- All arriving visitors will be required to fill in arrival declaration cards on arrival and should comply with other immigration formalities including the provision of required biometric information. Arrival/ departure declaration cards are available at the arrival lounge.
- Immigration authorities at the port of arrival reserve the right of admission.
- A visitor’s pass for a specific duration will be granted by the Immigration authorities on arrival to permit the holder’s stay in the country for the period granted in the pass. .
- Arriving visitors should not carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs. (Contact Uganda Revenue Authority for details on prohibited substances)
- Visitors should not overstay their visitors pass otherwise they will be subjected to a fine of U$ 30 per day and other appropriate legal action including prosecution and deportation.
- Engagement in employment on basis of visitors pass is strictly prohibited. Offenders will be prosecuted.
- Where visitors seek to stay longer than the period granted in the visitor’s pass on arrival, extension of the period should be sought from the Immigration Headquarters in Kampala or respective regional offices before expiry of the initial visitor’s pass. Save for EAC nationals, extensions sought by other foreign nationals shall not exceed six months in aggregate
Requirements for extension of visitor’s pass
Fill extension of visitor’s pass form
Attach Covering letter from applicant or host if applicable
Attach immigration status of host (if applicable)
Attach Copy of confirmed return air- ticket
Attach Copy of passport/travel document
Provide Original passport for endorsement of facility
All foreign nationals entering and residing in Uganda must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Uganda.
- top -