|ART IN SCIENCE COMPETITION SUBMISSIONS|
A themed ISMB/ECCB 2017 for better tracking of recent research developments and networking
The ISMB/ECCB 2017 conference has been designed to make it easy for researchers sharing common interests to come together and listen to exciting new developments in their field. At the heart of the meeting are fourteen established communities (COSIs – Communities of Special Interest) reflecting most of the major research themes and training in computational biology. These comprise:
- 3DSIG – structural bioinformatics
- Bioinfo-Core – core competencies in bioinformatics
- BioOntologies – ontologies for medicine and life sciences
- BioVis – visualization of biological data
- BOSC - Bioinformatics Open Source Conference
- COBE – Bioinformatics Education
- CAMDA – analysis of heterogenous datasets
- Function – methods for protein function annotation
- HitSeq - high throughput sequencing algorithms and applications
- IRB – computational and experimental aspects of research in RNA biology
- NetBio – methods and tools for network biology
- RegSys – computational methods for studying the regulation of genes and systems
- SysMod – computational modelling of biological systems
- TransMed – computational approaches in clinical and translational medicine
- VariSIG – methods for understanding the impacts of genetic variation
Each day of the four-day conference includes COSI track presentations. A schedule overview is available here. In addition, a variety of workshops, special sessions and focused presentations on other important research area topics in computational biology are scheduled. Some of these are around new budding communities and include: Critical Assessment of Metagenome Interpretation; Computational Immune Oncology; Machine Learning in Systems Biology; along with a Bioinformatics Core Workshop and Workshop on Education in Bioinformatics.
These newly organized community sessions (COSI tracks) include talks from ‘proceedings’ submissions, which will be published in a special issue of Bioinformatics, and other scientific talks on previously published research (Highlights) and exciting late-breaking unpublished research.
In essence the meeting will encompass all of the familiar themes and tracks, such as proceedings, highlight, or late breaking topics, that made ISMB/ECCB a pillar of the community in previous years, but will now offer an improved quality in the experience for you, the delegate. You now have the opportunity to listen to talks on the same theme, opportunities to engage in discussions and networking with other like-minded researchers, in a much more themed-focused program.
Experience it for yourself and register for ISMB/ECCB 2017! This is your chance to fully immerse yourself in an environment that facilitates connecting fellow researchers in your community and to find out about new emerging communities. We are confident that the changes to ISMB/ECCB 2017 will make it easier to follow exciting developments and make new friends and colleagues.
There is still an opportunity to present at the conference. Poster submissions deadline is May 15 and Technology Talk submissions are due May 18.
Looking forward to seeing you in Prague at ISMB/ECCB 2017!!
Yves Moreau and Janet Thornton
ISMB/ECCB 2017 Conference Chairs