ISCB Africa ASBCB Conference on Bioinformatics 2015
HIGHLIGHTS TALKS SUBMISSIONS
ISCB-Africa ASBCB Bioinformatics Conference invites the submission of full papers that have been published, or accepted for publication, between January 1, 2013 and the submission deadline, December 8, 2014. Publications that are "in press" and already linked on the journal web site by December 8, 2014 are also welcome.
Highlight submissions may cover any area of computational biology, but preferably within one of the topic areas listed below:
- Host/pathogen systems biology
- Bioinformatics of human genetics
- Molecular epidemiology and evolution
- Functional, structural and comparative genomics
- Database and resource development
- Search and design of vaccines and drugs
A group of experts will select the papers to be presented at the meeting considering the impact of the work on the field, the likelihood that the work will make a good presentation, and the relevance to biomedical research, in general.
Accepted presenters for the Highlights Track are required to make the presentation themselves, and must register and pay to attend the conference.
Submissions should include a 250-word Scientific Justification (abstract-like argument) that explains how the work of the submitted paper(s) is impacting the field.
Highlights Track: Submission Guidelines
PDF files of the papers, the 250-word Scientific Justification (support abstract) and a 150-word presentation description must be submitted through the automated system by December 6, 2014 (midnight by any time zone). No exceptions will be allowed.
Submissions should include the following:
- For each presenter only one submission to the Highlights Track will be reviewed (the LAST will be taken by default). The same limitation applies for the last author (group). Publications can be grouped if it becomes clear how different publications will be combined in a talk. The maximal number of submissions per author/co-author is 5.
- Name/affiliation/email of submitter (assumed to be the presenter; note that the presenter cannot be changed because the identity and ability to present of that person will be an essential selection criterion).
- Names/affiliations/email of ALL coauthors (note: any name appearing on a published paper has to be added here). Note that all co-authors have to agree to the submission. It is the responsibility of the submitter to guarantee that all co-author email addresses are correct (email notifications of the submission will be sent to all co-authors).
- 150 word description of the presentation for promotion on conference website.
- Additional contact information (for presenter).
- 250-word limited abstract-like argument that explains the impact and importance of this work.
- Sources of original publication(s) (Year, Journal, Vol., pages).
- PDF with paper(s) (note: in case of the submission of 2 papers, both should be merged into one single PDF; all reviews will be based on the content of this PDF).
- Optional: link to Google Video demonstrating presentation skills of presenter.
- Only PDF submissions are acceptable. The submission system is currently unable to handle ASCII, Word, LaTeX, or anything other than standard PDF. It is the responsibility of the submitter to verify that the PDF is completely viewable/printable by all major operating systems (LINUX, MacOS, Windows).
Deadline is 8 December 2014
Notification of acceptance will be received in January 2015