Sold Out (for both workshops)
Updated Nov 4, 2014
November 09, 2014
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Subject to space availability as these workshops will sell out.
To register follow instructions available at: http://www.iscb.org/recomb-regsysgen2014-register
Choose between either Cytoscape User or Cytoscape App Developer workshops:
- Workshop 02: The App Developer Workshop (Max attendance: 20)
Cytoscape's real power lies in the ecosystem of community-developed apps. The most common types of apps provide access to third-party biological databases, customize data import for domain-specific data sets, and perform custom analyses and workflows. Browse the full collection at http://apps.cytoscape.org. During this workshop, we will demonstrate how to develop apps for Cytoscape, targeting individuals who want to take advantage of the network visualization and analysis capabilities of Cytoscape and extend it for custom use cases.
By the end of this workshop, you should be able to:
Instructor: John "Scooter" Morris, University of California San Francisco, United States
- Navigate the complete Cytoscape API
- Setup an app development environment and cycle
- Start your own app development project from scratch
- Edit and contribute to other open source Cytoscape app projects