12th Annual Rocky Mountain Bioinformatics Conference
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
Go directly to: Maps | Driving Directions | Ground Transportation | Airline Information | Other
TIPS FOR TRAVELING AT HIGH ALTITUDE
Aspen/Snowmass are 9,100 feet above sea level and Altitude sickness is something that visitors to Colorado commonly experience. Read tips for helping ease altitude sickness.
NOTE: Independence Pass is closed in December, please do not attempt to drive through Leadville
From Denver & Eagle Airports and all points east of Aspen:
- Take I-70 west to Glenwood Springs.
- Take Exit 116 at Glenwood Springs, follow the signs for Hwy. 82 (right at 1st traffic light, right again at 2nd traffic light, onto Grand Ave./Hwy. 82, crossing bridge over Colorado River), toward Aspen.
- Follow Hwy. 82 for approximately 38 miles. DO NOT turn at the first sign for Snowmass (note mileage); this will take you to "Old Snowmass." Follow the signs for Snowmass Village/Snowmass Ski Area.
- Turn right onto Brush Creek Road at the traffic light, following signs toward Snowmass Village/Snowmass Ski Area.
- At traffic circle, continue straight to stay on Brush Creek Rd for another 2 miles
- Turn left onto Wood Rd./Wood Run Rd. (turn left to stay on Wood Rd.)
- Hotel on the left: Viceroy Snowmass Hotel, 130 Wood Rd., Snowmass Village, CO 81615 (970) 923-8000
Directions From Colorado Springs:
- Take I-25 North from Colorado Springs about 70 miles
to Exit 194 (C470 West)
- Take C470 West to I-70 West
- Go to Step 1 (above) under "From Denver & Eagle Airports and all
points east of Aspen:"
GROUND TRANSPORTATION FROM DENVER AIRPORT TO ASPEN
CoMtnExpress direct to Viceroy Hotel
Stops in Vail and at individual hotels in Aspen and Snowmass. Various stops.
If traveling by air to the conference, you have three options.
- Fly to Denver and drive to Aspen/Snowmass (approx. 220 miles). -
http://flydenver.com for airport/airline information and ground
- Fly directly to Aspen/Snowmass Airport - www.flyaspensnowmass.com
- Fly to Eagle/Vail airport and drive to Aspen/Snowmass (approx. 55 miles)
- http://flyvail.com for airport/airline information, ground transportation
options and driving directions to Snowmass.
Other helpful information.
Viceroy Hotel : www.viceroyhotelsandresorts.com/snowmass
Travel Information: www.flyaspensnowmass.com
Colorado Tourism: www.colorado.com
Viceroy Hotel - Hotel transportation is provided complimentary to the Viceroy Hotel (conference hotel) from the Aspen/Pitkin County Airport. Advance reservations for the shuttle are not required, a telephone is available at the airport to request shuttle service.