Board Nominations Deadline: May 6, 2011 President-Elect ("Officer") Nominations Deadline: June 5, 2011
The International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB) is encouraging members and affiliates to submit nominations for the Society’s Board of Directors and President-elect. Nominations are submitted at www.iscb.org/nominate (you must login to your membership record to access the nomination form - if you are a member of an affiliated regional group and do not have an ISCB membership, please encourage a leader of your regional group to submit a nomination from your region). Self nominations will not be accepted.
If you know of excellent candidates that meet the eligibility requirements below, please be sure to submit your nomination(s) right away.
- In order to be eligible for candidacy as a Director a person must be or become an ISCB member in good standing no later than the date he or she accepts the nomination by submitting a candidate statement (nomination acceptance/candidate statement is required by June 5, 2011).
- All Director candidates must pledge to make every reasonable effort to attend the bi-monthly Board teleconference beginning with a training period in October 2011 and the annual in-person Board of Directors meeting (held at the ISMB conference) at their own expense through completion of the three year term that begins January 21, 2012.
- In order to be eligible to be a President-elect candidate (referred to as an "Officer") a person must have served on the ISCB Board of Directors for at least one year prior to January 2012, and be an ISCB member in good standing, or renew an ISCB lapsed membership no later than June 26, 2011.
- All Officer candidates must pledge to make every reasonable effort to attend the weekly Executive Committee teleconferences beginning with a training period in mid-October, 2011, the bi-monthly Board teleconferences beginning with a training period in December 2011, and the annual in-person Board of Directors meeting (held at the ISMB conference) at their own expense through completion of the one year President-elect term followed by a two year President term that begins January 21, 2012.
- The elected Officer will also serve concurrently on the Board of Directors for a term that ends January 21, 2016.
Nominations for Board of Directors will be accepted through May 6, 2011. Election of Board members will take place during the annual ISCB Board of Directors meeting in July 2011.
Nominations for Officer will be accepted through June 5, 2011. Election of the Officer will take place via online voting by the membership in July, 2011, including during the ISMB conference.
Each nomination requires the name, affiliation, and e-mail address of the nominee, along with an assurance that the nominee meets the qualifications and is willing to stand for election for the position in question. The nomination must also include a few sentences of justification that makes the strongest case possible for the nominee.
Full information regarding the 2011 nominations/elections timeline, call for nominations, and Director and Officer responsibilities can be found at www.iscb.org/iscb-leadership-a-staff-/officers-and-board-directors/nomination-election-procedures.
We are looking forward to an active participation by the ISCB membership in the nominations and election process, and I thank you in advance for your qualified nominations.
Chair, ISCB Nominations Committee