ISCB Africa ASBCB 2013 (Morocco) - Call for Papers and Posters Reopened!
Dear ISCB and ASBCB Members and Colleagues,
We have extended the time for submissions of papers and posters, for the upcoming ISCB Africa ASBCB Conference on Bioinformatics, being held in Morocco!
Don't miss this opportunity to submit a paper or poster of your work!
Submissions will be accepted through March 4th.
Paper/poster selection may be determined very close to the start of the conference, however, and financial support is not available.
Conference sessions will be organized within the topic areas listed below. Papers and posters may cover any area of computational biology, and any accepted papers covering an area other than those listed below will be woven into the agena at the most appropriate slots available:
- Host/pathogen systems biology
- Bioinformatics of human genetics
- Molecular epidemiology and evolution
- Functional, structural and comparative genomics
- Database and resource development
- Search and design of vaccines and drugs
The conference will take place March 13-15, 2013 at the Novotel City Center Hotel in Casablanca, Morocco. Pre-conference workshops will be offered March 11-12 at the Institut Pasteur in Morocco.
Early registration rates will be available through March 1, 2013.
ISCB Africa ASBCB 2013 Conference on Bioinformatics will feature a broad Bioinformatics scope that includes a special focus on infectious diseases relevant to Africa.
Keynote Speakers are
- Erik Bongcam-Rudloff, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Next Generation Biotechnologies and society: New insights
- Doumbia Seydou, University of Bamako, Mali., Bioinformatics for Public Health in Africa: Challenges and opportunities
- Jean-Michel Claverie, University of Mediterranée School of Medicine, Open questions about giant viruses
- Muntaser Ibrahim, University of Khartoum, Genome analysis under thrust of diversity
- Alfonso Valencia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Cancer Genome Analysis
To view the entire program, visit http://www.iscb.org/iscbafrica2013-program/agenda
We look forward to seeing you in Casablanca!
Alia Benkahla, Conference Chair
Fouzia Radouani, Conference Co-chair