|Now available: Rocky '08 Program Book (.pdf)|
|Oral Presentation Slides are due Friday, November 21, 2008|
|December 5 banquet tickets have sold out.|
|Full agenda now posted|
|Abstract Submission has closed.|
|Registration is open.|
|Conference Flyer (.pdf)|
|Minority Student Travel Fellowships Application (.pdf)|
|Sponsorship Information Posted|
Other Sponsors :
|Early Abstract Submission Opens||July 31|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||October 10|
|Acceptance Notification||October 24|
|MARC Travel Fellowship Application Deadline||October 28|
|Early Registration Deadline||November 4|
|Housing Cut-Off Deadline||
|Rocky Conference Dates||December 4 - 7|
Welcome to the sixth annual Rocky Mountain Bioinformatics Conference, a meeting of the International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB). The organizers hope that you enjoy the program, and find the conference a productive opportunity to meet researchers, students and industrial users of bioinformatics technology. We think we have the best program yet, offering a remarkable cross-section of bioinformatics research.
The Rocky series began six years ago as a regional conference, and has grown into an international program with a spotlight on regional development in the computational biosciences. The presenters of the Rocky conference are scientists representing a broad spectrum of universities, industrial enterprises, government laboratories, and medical libraries from around the world. The meeting is a chance to get to know your colleagues near and far, seek collaborative opportunities, and find synergies that can drive our field forward.
For 2008 we will continue with the changes made in 2007 with extending the meeting to three full days, keeping the short talks to 10 minutes, and keeping with a larger poster session, allowing everyone who wants to present to do so. And we've retained the lunchtime ski breaks so that those of you who want to ski, including beginners, will have a chance to do so among friends and colleagues.
We hope you enjoy the science, the company, and the spectacular scenery of the Rocky Mountains. Welcome!
Rocky '08 Conference Chair
Rocky '07 Comments
- 100% of the delegates found the conference met or exceeded their expectations
- 100% of the delegates found the conference was fair/good value
- 90% of the delegates said they would attend again
- "This was outstanding! I met people in my area to form collaborations and was exposed to new problems to which I can apply my stats expertise to help develop better solutions!"
- "This is an excellent conference. I hope it continues to grow."
- "Overall a very good conference. Much better than the larger ones. It will be interesting if more participants were present from various fields - esp. sequence analysis"
- Colorado is beautiful - great pick. Love the hotel (Silvertree) customer service highest I have ever experienced.
- "I can't think of anything that could have been done better."