Links in this page: Sponsor | Funding Information | Travel Fellowship Application Overview | Maximum Awards and Amounts | Eligibility Requirements | Application Process | Eligible Expenses | Notification | Contacts
ISCB, through funding provided by the National Science Foundation (NSF) CCF-1917325 award, is pleased to offer partial travel fellowships to students to attend GLBIO 2019 in Madison, Wisconsin. The conference organizers are committed to providing support to as many eligible applicants as possible. Travel fellowship consideration is based on criteria listed below. Special consideration will be given to first-time GLBIO attendees who are not necessarily presenting work at the conference, women, undergraduate or high school students, underrepresented minorities, or students with disabilities.
- Applicant must be a current student (high school, undergraduate or graduate) to submit an application.
- Applicant must be attending as a student an institution in the US or she/he must be a US citizen.
- All applicants must attend all three (3) conference days.
- Applicants must secure additional funding from other sources in order to be able to cover the full costs of attending the conference.
- The deadline to submit a fellowship application is March 27, 2019, by 11:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time. No exceptions will be made.
- By accepting the travel fellowship, the recipients of the fellowship agree to provide testimonials about conference outcomes at the conclusion of GLBIO 2019.
|Travel Fellowship Key Dates|
|March 27, 2019||Travel Fellowship Application Deadline (11pm Eastern Daylight Time)|
|April 7, 2019||Travel Fellowship Acceptance Notification|
|April 8, 2019||Early Registration Deadline (11:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time)|
The maximum fellowship award is $500 USD. Please note that funded applicants will only be able to cover approximately 50% of the expense of transportation, lodging, and registration fees with these fellowship amounts. Thus all applicants must seek and secure additional funding sources (e.g., from your home institution/university, or grant funding) and a letter from your advisor regarding this additional funding is required in PDF format as part of your application.
- You are a high school student or registered in an undergraduate or graduate degree program. Postdocs and Professionals DO NOT qualify. Evidence of your student status must be presented to the onsite registration desk upon check-in at the conference.
- You are attending as a student an institution in the US, or you are a US citizen. Non-US citizens who are students at non-US institutions are not eligible.
- You will attend all three days of the conference, with arrival no later than the morning of May 20 and departure no earlier than the afternoon of May 22, and will sign in at the registration desk on each of these mornings to verify your attendance
- Applicant must be prepared to register for GLBIO 2019 by the early registration deadline of April 8, 2019. If attendance at the conference is dependent on receipt of travel fellowship funds, please do not register until after the notification of travel fellowship funding. Any funded applicant failing to register for the conference by the early registration deadline of April 8, 2019 will automatically forfeit the funds so that another applicant can be awarded from among the original pool of applicants.
- You have other funding resources to cover costs not met by an GLBIO travel fellowship award. Applicant must be able to pay all expenses of attending the conference up front, including conference registration fee (as noted above), travel, and accommodation. Travel fellowship funding will be provided as a reimbursement as a check payable in USD and mailed to the participant approximately 6-8 weeks after the conference.
Please complete the application form:
No application will be accepted after the deadline of March 27, 2019.
Eligible expenses toward travel fellowship funds include conference registration, transportation (air on a U.S. Flag* air carrier or land transportation from home region to conference city), and a maximum of 250 USD of hotel room and occupancy tax charges. In order to receive the full-awarded amount, receipts for registration, transportation and hotel accommodation are required that equal or exceed the awarded amount. Conference registration fee is reimbursable at the early registration pricing only; registration fees to attend pre-conference events are not reimbursable expenses.
*Only a flight on a U.S. Air Flag Carrier including a U.S. flight code for each leg of the trip is reimbursable.
Applicants will be notified no later than April 7, 2019 of the funding status. In some cases applicants may be notified they are on a wait list for funding. Any wait listed applicant that is eventually awarded funds will be offered the opportunity to register at the early registration rate, therefore, please do not register for the conference if your attendance is fully dependent on being awarded a travel fellowship as any cancellation of an applicant's registration will be subject to the full regular registration cancellation policy.
Funded applicants will be required to present evidence of their eligibility status (such as student identification card) when signing in daily to record their attendance. In all cases, funds will be mailed to funded applicants after the conference per the details noted in Eligibility Requirements above.
The information on this page is subject to change without notice, and all changed information will be considered final for the purposes of awarding and funding GLBIO 2019 travel fellowships.