ISCB’s 6th Annual Wikipedia and Wikidata Competition
|Furthering Computational Biology Knowledge|
|Submission Deadline: December 31, 2017|
|A key component of the ISCB's mission to further the scientific understanding of living systems through computation is to communicate this knowledge to the public at large. Wikipedia has become an important way to communicate all types of science to the public and Wikidata plays an increasingly growing role in that. The ISCB aims to further its mission by increasing the quality of Wikipedia and Wikidata coverage of Computational biology, and by improving accessibility to this information via Wikipedia and its sister sites. The competition is open to students and trainees at any level either as individuals or as groups.|
|The prizes for the best Wikipedia articles in any language provided by the ISCB:
• 1st prize - $500 (USD) and 1 year membership to the ISCB.
• 2nd prize - $250 (USD) and 1 year membership to the ISCB.
• 3rd prize - $150 (USD) and 1 year membership to the ISCB.
The prizes for the best Wikidata contributions provided by the ISCB:
• 1st prize - $300 (USD) and 1 year membership to the ISCB.
• 2nd prize - $150 (USD) and 1 year membership to the ISCB.
|COMPETITION ENTRY AND FURTHER INFORMATION|