Links in this page: Sponsor | Funding Information | Travel Fellowship Application Overview | Maximum Awards and Amounts | Eligibility Requirements | Application Process | Eligible Expenses | Notification | Contacts
Funding is provided by the University of Minnesota and we are pleased to offer registration fellowships to attend GLBIO 2021 for high school and undergraduate students. Funding sources for Registration Fellowships are very limited and we regret that we are not able to fund all applicants. The conference organizers are committed to providing support to as many eligible applicants as possible. Registration Fellowship consideration is based on criteria listed below.
Registration Fellowship Application Overview
- Applicant must be a current student (high school or undergraduate) to submit an application.
- All applicants must attend all three (3) conference days.
- The deadline to submit a fellowship application is April 19, 2021, by 11:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time. No exceptions will be made.
|Travel Fellowship Key Dates|
|April 19, 2021||Travel Fellowship Application Deadline (11pm Eastern Daylight Time)|
|April 21, 2021||Travel Fellowship Acceptance Notification|
|April 30, 2021||Registration Deadline|
Maximum Award Amounts
The maximum fellowship award is $50 USD for ISCB members and 70$ for non-members, but non-members will not be eligible for the free year of complimentary membership.
- You are a high school student or registered in an undergraduate degree program. Graduate Students, Postdocs, and Professionals DO NOT qualify.
- You will attend all three days of the conference, May 11-13, with verification occurring through your sign-in to the virtual platform.
- Applicant must be prepared to register for GLBIO 2021 no later than April 30, 2021. If attendance at the conference is dependent on receipt of registration fellowship funds, please do not register until after the notification of registration fellowship funding. Any funded applicant failing to register for the conference by the deadline of April 30, 2021 will automatically forfeit the funds so that another applicant can be awarded from among the original pool of applicants.
- You have other funding resources to cover costs not met by a registration fellowship award. Applicant must be able to pay all expenses of attending the conference which include the registration amount not covered by the fellowship.
Please complete the application form:
No application will be accepted after the deadline of April 19, 2021. Special consideration will be given to first-time GLBIO attendees who are not necessarily presenting work at the conference, women, undergraduate or high school students, underrepresented minorities, or students with disabilities
Eligible expenses include conference registration. A discount code will be provided to cover $50 for ISCB members and $70 for non-members. Registrant must cover any remaining fees.
Applicants will be notified no later than April 21, 2021 of their funding status. In some cases applicants may be notified they are on a wait list for funding. Any wait listed applicant that is eventually awarded funds will be offered the opportunity to register at the early registration rate, therefore, please do not register for the conference if your attendance is fully dependent on being awarded a travel fellowship as any cancellation of an applicant's registration will be subject to the full regular registration cancellation policy.
The information on this page is subject to change without notice, and all changed information will be considered final for the purposes of awarding and funding GLBIO 2021 registration fellowships.