As you plan your participation as a presenter please find below details to assist you with your specific presentation type at the conference:
- Live and Pre-recorded Talks
- Poster Presentation
- Recorded Presentation Guidelines for Virtual Events
- Live Presentation Guidelines for Virtual Events
- How to record a PowerPoint Presentation
Live and Pre-recorded Talks
Those presenting a pre-recorded talk at GLBIO 2021 should prepare their recording per the information below:
- Paper Talk (20 minute time slot) = 16 minutes talk plus 4 minutes live Q&A
- Abstract Talk (15 minute time slot) = 12 minutes talk plus 3 minutes live Q&A
- Invited Talk = check with your special session organizer for more information
Our virtual platform Showcare, has provided A Pre-recording Video Presentation Guide to further assist keynote's with their live presentation..
- Keynotes will be live and recorded for future viewing. Keynotes will have a 50 minute block. We recommend a 40 minute talk with 10 minutes each for introduction and Q&A.
Our virtual platform Showcare, has provided A Speaker Guide for Live Video Streaming to further assist keynote's with their live presentation.
Some additional helpful tips on planning your recorded talk are available below
The deadline to submit the recording is Thursday April 22, 2021.
Presenters of a poster presentation at GLBIO 2021 are allowed a maximum 5 minutes.
You need to provide the following when uploading your poster and video to Showcare via the poster portal.
- PDF of your abstract
- PDF of your poster with a maximum file size of 40mb.
- 5 minute or less flash talk as an MP4 file that is no more than 500mb
Some helpful tips on planning your recorded talk are available below
Presenting your poster in a lighting style format using the PechaKucha or Ignite talks presentation style or a single slide or PDF is an option for presenters.
Here is a example of a presentation: https://youtu.be/rbLbb7eOao8
Poster Presenters will gain access to the conference platform on Tuesday May 4, 2021. The deadline to submit your PDFs and recording is Friday, May 7, 2021.
Recorded Presentation Guidlines for Virtual Events
Live Presentation Guidelines for Virtual Events
How to Record a Powerpoint Presentation
How to record a power point presentation