Dear ISCB Members and Colleagues,
The opportunity is soon closing to submit a Highlights paper to ISMB 2012. We invite the submission of full papers that have been published or accepted for publication in peer-review journals between January 1, 2011 and the submission deadline of March 2, 2012. Publications that are "in press" and already linked on the journal website are also welcome.
A group of editors will select the papers to be presented at the meeting, considering the impact of the work on the field, the likelihood that the work will make a good presentation, and the relevance to biomedical research, in general. Accepted presenters for the Highlights Track are required to make the presentation themselves, and must register and pay to attend the conference.
Click on the link above for full details and guidelines. From there you can also access the Highlights Track Submission Site to submit your published paper today.
This 20th Anniversary ISMB presents an exceptional line-up of keynote speakers that you will not want to miss:
- Richard Durbin, ISCB Fellow Keynote, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK
- Lawrence Hunter, University of Colorado School of Medicine, USA, together with Richard Lathrop, University of California-Irvine, USA, presenting the 20th Anniversary Keynote
- Andrej Sali, University of California-San Francisco, USA
- Barbara Wold, California Institute of Technology, USA
- Gunnar von Heijne, ISCB Sr. Scientist Award Winner, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Ziv Bar-Joseph, ISCB Overton Prize Winner, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Several additional opportunities exist for presentation at the conference, including Workshops, Posters, Technology demonstrations, Late Breaking Research abstracts, and the 8th annual Student Council Symposium. You can find the submission deadlines and links to each of the open calls on the conference home page.
Registration will open in mid-March. Please help spread the word for the strongest possible participation by sharing this mail with your colleagues and collaborators.
We look forward to welcoming you to Long Beach in July.
Burkhard Rost, Highlights Chair, ISMB 2012
on behalf of the Highlights Committee