Call for Workshops and Tutorials
We invite scientists and professionals working in the fields of bioinformatics and computational biology to submit high-quality proposals for tutorials, workshops or mini-courses (tutorial program) to take place virtually as part of ISCB-Africa ASBCB 2021.
The workshop and tutorial sessions aim to provide an opportunity to discuss current and emergent topics on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology. These sessions can be both 6 hour sessions or 2.5 hour sessions to take place on the 7th June 2021.
Workshop and tutorials will be held in a virtual training environment. Workshop and tutorial leaders should be prepared to teach using online tools such as Zoom.
We will host simultaneous workshops or tutorials.
Guidelines for Proposals
Proposals should contain the necessary information for reviewers to judge the importance, quality and community interest in the proposed topic. Each proposed event should have one or more designated organizers and a program. The proposal should contain the following information:
- Description of the aim or aims of the workshop/tutorial
- Why is it relevant for the community
- Proposed schedule, specify if it is a half day or full day event
- Provide the names and affiliations of the organizers
- Any special requirements regarding logistics that needs to be communicated to the participants.
- The length of the proposals should be 500 words including all sections.
CLICK HERE to submit your workshop proposals.
Deadline for submissions: April 12, 2021
Notification of decision: April 30, 2021