We invite scientists and professionals working in the fields of bioinformatics and computational biology to submit high-quality proposals for tutorials, workshops or mini-courses (tutorial program) to take place at the ISCB-Latin America SoIBio BioNetMX International Conference on Bioinformatics 2020.
The Workshop and Tutorial sessions aim to provide an opportunity to discuss current and emergent topics on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology. These sessions can be both full day or half day sessions and will take place on the 25 th or 26 th of October 2020.
Workshop and tutorials will be held in secondary rooms in the CAC venue and additional spaces within the UNAM-Juriquilla Campus depending on the requirements.
We will host up to four simultaneous Workshops or Tutorials.
Guidelines for Proposals
Proposals should contain the necessary information for reviewers to judge the importance, quality and community interest in the proposed topic. Each proposed event should have one or more designated organizers and a program. The proposal should contain the following information:
- Description of the aim or aims of the workshop/tutorial
- Why is it relevant for the community
- Proposed schedule, specify if it is a half day or full day event
- Provide the names and affiliations of the organizers
- Any special requirements regarding logistics. Computing rooms are not available on campus, attendees will be required to bring their personal computers for these events. The rooms for these events can host up to 40 people.
- The length of the proposals should be 500 words including all sections.