The Great Lakes Bioinformatics Consortium is pleased to announce a call for Volunteer Student Support Staff for its 14th Great Lakes Bioinformatics Conference (an official conference of the International Society for Computational Biology) (GLBIO 2021), the conference will be held May 10-13, 2021 at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.
The conference provides an interdisciplinary forum for the discussion of research findings and methods, and development of long-term relationships and networking opportunities, for researchers within the region, as well as from around the world.
As a member of the Volunteer Student Support Staff, you will receive valuable first-hand experience at an academic association conference, a certificate of appreciation as well as a full refund on your registration once your obligations are complete. Please review the below volunteer requirements:
- Attend a volunteer meeting before the conference to ensure you are prepared for all volunteer responsibilities
- Complete all assigned shifts
- You will be notified of your shifts in advance of the conference and are required to send acknowledgement
- Please review the list of possible assignments below:
- Handing out name badges, processing of invoices and assisting with on-site registration
- Educational sessions:
- Check in with the session leader before the session and identify yourself as the assisting volunteer
- Checking badges for entrance to session rooms
- Counting attendees in each educational session
- Monitor session rooms, alerting conference manager of any AV or emergency needs during session
- Other conference opportunities:
- Numbering poster boards to include monitoring hanging up and taking down of poster boards by presenters
- Assist attendees in locating various events throughout the conference
- Answer questions about the scientific program and giving directions within the venue
Only a small number of students will be selected to participate on this team. Apply today by completing the application online by March 15, 2021. CLICK HERE TO APPLY!