NGS 2018 invites the submission of abstracts* describing either original, unpublished research or research that has been published recently in a high-impact journal. Selection for presentation as either an oral presentation or a poster will be based on the review of extended abstracts. Authors who submit original, unpublished work selected for presentation at the conference may be invited to submit a full-length paper or extended abstract with full data for peer-review to published** in the ISCB Community Journal, ISCB NGS-BARCELONA channel. All posters will also be invited to submit in poster format to the ISCB NGS-BARCELONA channel.
The program will address a wide range of topics such as genome assembly, variant characterization and analysis, gene expression, population history, and disease. Sizeable space is dedicated to submission-based presentations from the topics listed below.
- State of the art technologies, and technologies under development
- Novel software and algorithms
- Novel applications of NGS technologies in genomics and biology
- Genomic and transcriptomic analyses, including RNA analysis, transcription factor binding sites profiling, histone modifications, nucleosome positioning, copy number variation, genotyping, RNA structure, dynamics of transcription and translation, etc.
- Research breakthroughs based on exhaustive applications of NGS.
- Clinical and translational applications
- Applications to agriculture and biotechnology
- Societal and economic implications: forensic law, sociology research, history, etc.
- Economical impacts
Plan to submit your research to this engaging conference!
* Abstract text limited to 300 words
** Authors are responsible for publishing fees. ISCB members receive a 20% discount.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS JANUARY 29, 2018!
LATE BREAKING SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 21, 2018!
Abstracts received before the due date will be considered for oral presentations and/or poster presentations. If your abstract is accepted, it will be included in an abstract booklet that will be distributed to all conference participants. Accepted original research abstracts will also be invited to publish in the ISCB Community Journal at the author's’ expense.
How to Submit your Abstract
Please use this link to EasyChair to submit your abstract. You will be asked to provide information about yourself and your coauthors, including name, e-mail address, and affiliation. Please check one box for corresponding author to indicate who would be speaking or would be primarily responsible for your poster. You will also be asked to provide an abstract title, the text of your abstract, and keywords.