Click here for announcement and application (pdf).
The Great Lakes Bioinformatics Consortium is pleased to announce a call for Student Support Staff for its 12th Great Lakes Bioinformatics Conference (an official conference of the International Society for Computational Biology) (GLBIO 2017), the conference will be held May 15-17, 2017 at the University of Illinois at Chicago in Chicago, Illinois.
The conference provides an interdisciplinary forum for the discussion of research findings and methods, and development of long-term relationships and networking opportunities, for researchers within the region, as well as from around the world.
As a member of the Student Support Staff, you will receive valuable first-hand experience at an academic association conference, recognition on the conference website and a certificate of appreciation as well as a 50% discount in registration fees.
• Assist in registration process as needed.
• Make sure each registrant receives registration handouts.
IN educational sessions:
• Monitor session rooms, alerting conference manager of any AV or emergency needs during session.
• Checking badges for entrance to session rooms.
• Counting attendees in each educational session.
Other conference opportunities:
• Numbering poster boards to include monitoring hanging up and taking down of poster boards by presenters.
• Assist attendees in locating various events throughout the conference.
Operations and Programs Manager
International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB)