Leading Professional Society for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Connecting, Training, Empowering, Worldwide


May 16 -19, 2016 |VISAS


You will need a VISA to attend this conference if:

  • You are an international student studying in the United States
  • You are an international attendee coming form your home country or another country in which you are currently working.

Please use the information below to assist you with the visa process:

International Students studying in the United States

Students returning to the United States on a student visa, in addition to a valid student visa, will need the following:

  • A SEVIS Form I-20, endorsed for travel and signed by their Designated School Official (DSO)
  • A current passport valid for at least six months after the date of reentry

For more information on entry/exit requirements, please visit www.ice.gov./sevis/travel/faq_f2.htm

International attendees, not studying in the United States

Please view this link for a list of countries that require a visa to travel to Canada: www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

  • As of March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens, and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents are not eligible to apply for an eTA.
  • However, from March 15, 2016 until fall 2016, travellers who do not have an eTA can board their flight, as long as they have appropriate travel documents, such as a valid passport. During this time, border services officers can let travellers arriving without an eTA into the country, as long as they meet the other requirements to enter Canada. Find answers to your questions about the leniency period.