Call For Technology Track - ISMB 2016
Technology Track Chair: Rodrigo Lopez, European Bioinformatics Institute, Cambridge, UK
**Technology Track Submissions - Closes: May 20, 2016
The Technology Track allows organizations to showcase their software and/or hardware relevant to the bioinformatics / molecular biology community.
To conduct a Technology Track presentation, organizations must complete the on-line sign-up form including a brief description (50 words maximum) of the talk and a one (1) page Technology Track presentation overview (PDF) which will provide the delegate with additional details about the technology being presented. The presenter of the Technology Track must be a registered and paid delegate of the conference.
The cost to present a Technology Track is:
- For profit organization: US$2000.00
- Not for profit organization: US$600.00
- For Profit: 45 minute with ~ 10 minutes for Q&A (within a 60 minute block) presentation time for profit organizations ($2000)
- Not For Profit: 15 minute presentation with ~ 3 minute Q&A (with in a 20 minute time block)($600)
- The Technology Track schedule is set by the organizers and talks will be held on the Monday and Tuesday of the conference
- Listing in the conference program book
- Listing on conference web site for overview of organization's Technology Track presentation
- Technology Track presentation room
- Audio-Visual equipment provided includes internet connection, data projector, screen, microphone (all additional equipment required will be charged at cost to the presenting organization)
**Does not include conference registration** Presenters must be registered to attend ISMB in order to provide a presentation.
Presentations occur as part of the parallel track system. All individual time slots are on a 20 minutes schedule (3 talks per hour).
Presenters will be provided with a Windows-based desktop computer and Internet access. If a different operating system is required presenters should bring their own computer and contact the audio visual team at least 24 hours before you are due to give your presentation.
If you intend to use a Windows computer provided by the conference for your Technology Track presentation, please bring a CD/Flash-drive containing any software and presentation material that needs to be loaded, or make your software and other material downloadable via the internet.
Within your time slot, you are at liberty to demonstrate your software in any way that you see fit: for example, you can combine one or more structured talks with live demos and question-and-answer sessions. Authors should provide handouts for attendees.
Major sponsors will be given precedence for Technology Track presentation time slots.
Acceptance and Confirmation
All submissions will be reviewed by the Technology Track selection committee and notification of acceptance will be forwarded no later than May 27, 2016. Technology Track presenters will be contacted by the conference organizers regarding presentation acceptance, Technology Track schedule, logistics and payment. Payment should not be made until organizations receive notification of acceptance.