Congratulations to TEPIC, ISCB's 2019 student Software Award winner!
The ISCB Student Software Prize was created to recognize the development of excellent bioinformatics software by students and postdocs that are members of the International Society for Computational Biology.
The winner(s) of the ISCB Student Software Prize will receive the prize of their choice:
- Complimentary ISCB membership
- Free registration to any official ISCB conference, at membership rate.
Prize Winner (s) will be announced in ISCB’s Spring Newsletter!
If you are an ISCB Member and a Student or Postdoc who has created bioinformatics software you would like to share, submit your work for a chance to win the ISCB Student Software Prize!
How to Submit Your Software
Use the link provided below to submit a brief cover letter stating the purpose of the software, the scope of the nominees contribution, the distribution license and URL to the software along with a manuscript or a reprint.
- Must be a major contributing author of the software being developed
- An ISCB member in good standing at both the time of submission and acceptance
- Students or postdoc at an accredited degree-granting institution at the time of the nomination
- The software must be usable on at least one of the major operating systems (Un*x, MacOS, Windows)
- The software must be distributed under an open source license that allows for reuse and is recognized by the Open Source Initiative. https://opensource.org/licenses/category
Self-nominations are accepted
Software may be nominated more than once, as long as it has not been awarded the prize yet.
Each nomination is limited to a single piece of software and three (3) student/postdoc-developers.
Submissions are now closed.