The ISCB Mentored Computational Biology Programming Award was created to provide up to two students with a fellowship to learn scientific programming and software engineering.
The winning submission will receive a cash award of $2000 USD and will be announced at ISMB/ECCB 2021.
How to Submit:
The mentee should submit a work proposal via the link below to include brief proposal (similar to a grant proposal) that is no more than 6 pages. The proposal should clearly state the goals of the project, the timetable for development, the tools (language, libraries, etc..) that were used, a brief architectural overview and clear deliverables. Make sure to submit the project along with support letter from your mentors.
*Special consideration will be given to mentor-mentee collaborations across disparate geographic regions, and to mentees from low-income countries*
Mentee/Mentor Eligibility Requirements:
- Student mentee needs to be a current ISCB member.
- Mentors need sufficient software development experience.
- If the student’s existing supervisor is to be a mentor, an additional co-mentor is mandatory.
- The projects can be part of the graduate project of the applicant.
- The project should include a timetable & be finite: no more than 3 months.
Submissions Closed. Check back for updates.