ISCB-LA SoIBio BioNetMX 2022 poster presentations will be held:
- Monday, Oct 31 (Virtual Poster Hall)
- Thursday, November 3 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Friday, November 4 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Pending total poster submissions for onsite posters, we hope to allow for each poster to remain on the board for the duration of the conference. In the event we receive more posters submissions than available space, we will schedule accordingly. Authors will be scheduled to present during one of the two time slot but are welcome to present during both timeslots.
ALL posters (in-person and virtual) will be included in the virtual platform. Presenters of a poster will upload your poster and video via the conference platform beginning 18 October with the following:
- Presentation abstract
- PDF of your poster
- 5 to 7 minute poster presentation talk as .mp4 file (Maximum 7 minutes). Videos should be recorded in 720p - 1080p and there is no limit on video file size.
The virtual platform will allow:
- direct message with attendees
- create ad hoc "video demo rooms"
- Q&A with the poster presenter via public comments as well as live flash poster talks
Some helpful tips on planning your recorded talk are available below.
Presenting your poster in a lighting style format using the PechaKucha or Ignite talks presentation style or a single slide or PDF is an option for presenters.
Here is an example of a presentation: https://youtu.be/rbLbb7eOao8
Onsite Poster Guidelines
The poster boards being used for the conference are 1.1 meters x 1.5 meters. Each poster board will contain two posters on one side for a total of four posters per board. We ask that you design your printed poster to be maximum 1.1 meters x .75 meters (3ftx2ft).
Recorded Presentation Guidelines for Virtual Events
How to Record a Powerpoint Presentation
Hybrid Conference Optimal Conditions
For the best experience please consider the following in preparation of the conference:
- Preferred browser is Chrome
- Hardwire your computer vs wifi
- Turnoff other browsers, background programs and eliminate other internet devices being used if possible