ISCB-LA SoIBio BioNetMX Oral Presenter Information
All presentations for ISCB-LA SoIBio BioNetMX 2022 will presented live regardless if you are participating in-person or virtually. While most presenters will be in-person in Mexico, those unable to travel will be presented live through the conference platform and streamed into the presentation room.
As you plan your participation as a presenter, please find below details to assist you with your specific presentation type at the conference:
- How to Join the Session as a Virtual Speaker
- Key Dates Regarding Your Presentation
- In-person talk computer details
- Live Talks and Pre-recorded videos for the platform library
- How to record a PowerPoint Presentation
- Hybrid Conference Optimal Conditions
- Upload Tutorial
You can also find additional resources and recordings of training sessions held for speakers and moderators here: https://help.junolive.com/support/Live-sessions-how-to-for-speakers-and-moderators.580911105.html
You can attend a live training session held at regular times every week, in a Zoom conference room. Choose a day and time that work best for you. It will be recorded so you can rewatch it later. Details available here:
How to Join the Session as a Virtual Speaker
To join the session:
- log in to the ISCB-LA SoIBio BioNetMX virtual platform (https://iscb.junolive.co/iscb-la2022/Home) using the email you registered for the conference.
- It is important that you use the same email as permissions on the virtual site are tied to your email
- There are multiple paths to your talk, for example searching through the Scientific Programme or via your profile page
We ask that you join as early as you are able within the 30-minute window to provide ample time to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
NOTE: sharing the screen with the virtual audience means presenter mode cannot be used.
Key Dates Regarding Your Presentation
October 16, 2022
Presenters to have completed release forms, confirmation of participation
October 16, 2022
Presenting Authors and Poster Authors registration to be completed
October 18, 2022
Speaker to upload videos through delegate profile on conference platform between October 18-20. Videos become part of the conference library. While this is not a requirement it is strongly encouraged as it gives us the ability to get the talks on the platform for on-demand viewing more quickly. Talks not uploaded will be released in the session block for which they were presented. After the conference, talks will be separated from the session blocks and placed in the conference library.
Presentations not uploaded in advance will not be guaranteed to be part of the conference on-demand library.
Videos should be recorded in 720p - 1080p and there is no limit on video file size.
October 18, 2022
Poster presentation videos and details uploaded through accepted poster delegate profile on conference platform between October 18-20. Videos should be recorded in 720p - 1080p and there is no limit on video file size. THIS IS REQUIRED for all presenters regardless if you are planning to be in-person at the conference.
In-person talk computer details
For those presenting live in Mexico please note you must use the supplied computer due to the connection process with the JUNO virtual platform used for the conference. You should pre-load your presentation on the in-room computer prior to your session.
- All laptops will run Microsoft Windows 10 and include PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, and Microsoft Office.
- All laptops will have Microsoft Office/PowerPoint 2016. There should be no compatibility issues for presentations created with PowerPoint 2019 or 2021.
- If Video will be a part of your presentation, it is highly recommended for it to be inserted using the “Video on my PC” option within PowerPoint. Save/include the video file included in the same folder as your presentation. It is not recommended to use the “Online Video” option.
- Custom/non-standard Windows fonts are not recommended or supported. If utilized, ensure that the font(s) are fully embedded within your presentation file for best results.
- Apple Keynote and Google Slides are not supported.
- Slide size should be set to “Widescreen (16:9)” within PowerPoint (this is the default).
- Projector Information: 16:9 Aspect Ratio / 1920x1080 resolution. Screen size will vary depending upon the room.
Live Talks and Pre-recorded videos for the Content Library
All presenters are strongly encouraged to provide a pre-recorded talk for the virtual platform library in advance of the conference. Virtual presenters are required to do so. The pre-recorded talk will be available shortly after the live presentation to provide faster and more seamless access to the conference content for virtual participants.
All poster presenters, including those presenting live in Mexico, will upload a short 5-7 minute video to the virtual conference platform site along with a PDF of their poster between October 18-20, 2022. The video is part of the video library and all registered delegates will be able to view their poster through the conference platform. Videos should be recorded in 720p - 1080p and there is no limit on video file size.
Pre-recorded talks for the platform library should be prepared ensuring you upload a .mp4 file. Videos should be recorded in 720p - 1080p and there is no limit on video file size. Presenters of talks and posters will upload their recordings directly through the conference platform site after logging in as a registrant. Don't forget you need to be registered no later than October 16, 2022.
PLEASE note once submitted your video CANNOT be updated.
• Save your presentation as .mp4 file starting with your EasyChair submission number (if applicable), followed by presenters last name, first name, and designated track, either ISCBLAe.g. 146JonesCareyISCBLA).
• If you are presenting a poster in addition to a talk you must prepare a second video for the poster as the allowed time is shorter (5-7 minutes). See the poster instructions below.
• Recording may or may not include the presenter in the recording, this is at the presenter's discretion. Should the presenter elect to appear on camera in your recording, we suggest you wear the same outfit the day of your presentation.
• Ensure you prepare your talk based on the length of time specified within the acceptance notification :
- Abstract/Paper Talk (15 minute time slot)
- Keynote speakers (45 minute time slot)
The following links can be of assistance for planning your presentation(s):
- Some additional helpful tips on planning your recorded talk are available below.
• We suggest that if you are including a visual image of yourself in the recording you consider wearing the same outfit for the live Q&A.
• Turn on live captions using the Google Chrome browser. Download Chrome here if you haven’t already. Remember, you’ll always need to access the event website in Chrome for these captions to work. https://help.junolive.com/attendees/turn-on-live-captions
How to Record a Powerpoint Presentation
How to record a power point presentation
Hybrid Conference Optimal Conditions
For the best experience please consider the following in preparation of the conference:
- Preferred browser is Chrome
- Hardwire your computer vs wifi
- Turnoff other browsers, background programs and eliminate other internet devices being used if possible