We invite scientists and professionals working in the fields of bioinformatics and computational biology to submit high-quality proposals for tutorials, workshops or mini-courses (tutorial program) to take place virtually or in-person as part of at the ISCB-Latin America SoIBio BioNetMX 2022.
The Workshop and Tutorial sessions aim to provide an opportunity to discuss current and emergent topics on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology. These sessions can be both 8 hour session over the course of both days or 4 hours sessions on one day and will take place on the 6th and 7th of November 2022.
Workshop and tutorials will be held in either a virtual training environment or onsite in a classroom at the university. Workshop and tutorial leaders, submitting for virtual presentation, should be prepared to teach using online tools such as Zoom.
We will host up to four simultaneous Workshops or Tutorials.
Guidelines for Proposals
Proposals should contain the necessary information for reviewers to judge the importance, quality and community interest in the proposed topic. Each proposed event should have one or more designated organizers and a program. The proposal should contain the following information:
- Description of the aim or aims of the workshop/tutorial
- Why is it relevant for the community
- Proposed schedule, specify if it is a half day or full day event
- Provide the names and affiliations of the organizers
- Any special requirements regarding logistics. Computing rooms are not available on campus, attendees will be required to bring their personal computers for these events. The rooms for these events can host up to 40 people.
- The length of the proposals should be 500 words including all sections.
- Onsite submissions should be prepared to note any equipment needs associated to successful execution of the tutorial
Please submit your workshop proposals via the online form
Deadline for submissions: June 1, 2022
Notification of decision: June 30, 2022