COSI Organizer Information Page
- COSI Track Benefits
- Abstract Submission Process
- Poster Prize Nomination from COSIs Process
- Talk Times
- General FAQ
Last update: April 15, 2019
COSI TRACK BENEFITS
- Speaker Funding- $1000 per COSI day to support travel of invited speakers. This can also be used to purchase additional registrations.
- Attendee Commissions - At the end of the conference, ISCB will calculate the COSI commissions. Commissions are based on the number of registrations that identified your group as their main COSI. *Reduced and complimentary registrations do not count towards COSI commission attendance numbers
- Unrestricted use of escrow funds to support COSI track speakers or additional events
- Full allocation of any sponsorship raised by COSI to COSI escrows
Abstract Submission Process
- COSIs identify 2 or 3 Abstract Chairs (ACs) from within community to manage the review process. These names will be added to EasyChair as Track Chairs for each COSI.
- COSI Area Chairs will be responsible for identifying a review / program committee to review the abstracts for both talk and poster presentation within their COSI. ACs will add these names to COSI track within EasyChair.
- Each COSI is responsible for reviewing abstracts submitted to their area as either:
- Poster only
- Talk and poster (abstracts in this category if not accepted as a talk should be reviewed for a poster).
- Ideally each abstract should have a minimum of two (2) reviews and ideally three (3).
- COSI Area Chiars responsible for notifying acceptances for talks and posters within COSI track. (Sample acceptance below)
- ISCB will write accepted presenters with a request to confirm participation (early and late submitters) and COSIs can search that status of presentation accepts at: https://www.iscb.org/cms_addon/conferences/ismbeccb2019/easychair/submitterdecisionreport
- Selected Abstract talks will be presented by COSI track and run in parallel at the conference.
- The length of a talks are in units of 20 minutes (should includes time for questions). Oral presentation times for abstracts are announced by the COSI track organizers.
- COSI Area Chairs responsible for reviewing Late Posters to their COSI (opens April 15, closes, May 15) within individual COSIs. *Acceptance notifications sent May 23.
- The poster display schedule is available at: https://www.iscb.org/ismbeccb2019-submit/abstracts#postersdisplay Poster numbers will be available by May 31, 2019.
Sample EasyChair Accept Letter:
ISMB/ECCB 2019 Acceptance Notification (adapt for acceptance of talk and/or poster)
Congratulations your submission has been accepted for a talk and/or poster at ISMB/ECCB 2019 as part of the XXX COSI.
- COSIs will provide their detailed talk schedule in late May.- Posters will be presented as noted at: https://www.iscb.org/ismbeccb2019-submit/abstracts#postersdisplay
- One author must be registered and present the talk and/or poster at the conference. You can register at https://www.iscb.org/ismbeccb2019-registration Early registration ends on June 20 so register early and save!
- If you have an accepted talk or poster at ISMB/ECCB 2019 you will receive in a separate email an invitation to apply for a travel fellowship - You should expect the email no later than May 10. Details on travel fellowships are available at: https://www.iscb.org/ismbeccb2019-general/travel-fellowship
- Many talks at ISMB/ECCB 2019 are audio/video recorded for the purpose of developing an archival library of ISCB/ISMB presentations to share the history, growth and development of the science. Selections published on the ISCB website are presented as a synchronized audio and slide presentations for viewing. Before viewing presentations, individuals must electronically sign and agree that no part of any presentation will be downloaded, distributed, changed or altered in any manner and that the presentation offered is for information only. Please complete (no later than June 1, 2019) the permission form is available at: https://www.iscb.org/submissions/permissionForm/
Examples of recordings from are available at: https://www.iscb.org/iscb-multimedia
We suggest that you book your conference hotel as soon as possible - details are available at: https://www.iscb.org/hotels
XXX COSI organizers and email for contact about COSI program
Abstract Submission Keydates
Thursday, January 31, 2019
Call for Abstracts Opens
Thursday, April 4, 2019
ACs have Program Committee (Reviewers invited and added to EasyChair)
Thursday, April 11, 2019
Abstracts Submission Deadline
Monday, April 15, 2019
Late Poster Submissions Open
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
COSI Share Initial Talk and/or Poster Acceptances with Other COSIs to allow non-selected submissions to be offered for presentation by alternate COSIs.
Thursday, May 9, 2019
Talk and/or Poster Acceptance Notifications sent by COSI/Track ACs
Sunday, May 12, 2019
CAMDA Extended Abstracts Deadline
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Late Poster Submissions Deadline
Thursday, May 23, 2019
Late Poster Acceptance Notifications sent by COSI/Track ACs
Thursday, May 23, 2019
CAMDA Acceptance Notification
Friday, May 24, 2019
Friday, May 31, 2018
Poster Presentation Numbers announced (ISMB/ECCB) Poster schedule available at:
Poster Prize Nominations from COSIs
COSIs, Thank you for nominating posters to be ultimately evaluated for overall conference poster prizes! Your work is important to help achieve ISCB’s goal of promoting excellence in the work of trainees.
To ensure representation of all fields of research, we ask each COSI to nominate 3 abstracts to be evaluated during ISMB/ECCB for a total of 6 conference-wide poster prizes. (There are an additional prize for best posters in Structure and Function Prediction.)
Please nominate posters based on their likelihood of describing important, standalone units of work and the clarity and flow of the written abstract. Note: Exclude from consideration any poster that is not being presented by a trainee (student, postdoc, etc). No problem if this is not clear at this stage though. The final prizes may only be awarded for trainee presentations.
**Please notes poster only submissions to the General Computational Biology category are reviewed by the Poster Chairs.
Monday, July 22 / Tuesday, July 23 / Wednesday July 24
10:15 am - 10:20 am (welcome & start)
10:20 am - 10:40 am (Time Slot 1)
10:40 am - 11:00 am (Time Slot 2)
11:00 am - 11:20 am (Time Slot 3)
11:20 am - 11:40 am (Time Slot 4)
11:40 am - 12:00 pm (Time Slot 5)
12:00 am - 12:20 pm (Time Slot 6)
12:20 pm - 12:40 pm (Time Slot 7)
Lunch (and ISCB Town Hall (July 22), CompBio Ignite talks (July 23 and July 24)
2:00 pm - 2:20 pm (Time Slot 8)
2:20 pm - 2:40 pm (Time Slot 9)
2:40 pm - 3:00 pm (Time Slot 10)
3:00 pm - 3:20 pm (Time Slot 11)
3:20 pm - 3:40 pm (Time Slot 12)
3:40 pm - 4:00 pm (Time Slot 13)
4:40 pm - 5:00 pm (Time Slot 14)
5:00 pm - 5:20 pm (Time Slot 15)
5:20 pm - 5:40 pm (Time Slot 16)
5:40 pm - 6:00 pm (Time Slot 17)
Posters (6:00 pm - 8:00 pm)
Thursday, July 25
8:35 am - 8:40 am (welcome & start)
8:40 am - 9:00 am (Time Slot 1)
9:00 am - 9:20 am (Time Slot 2)
9:20 am - 9:40 am (Time Slot 3)
10:15 am - 10:20 am (re-start)
10:20 am - 10:40 am (Time Slot 4)
10:40 am - 11:00 am (Time Slot 5)
11:00 am - 11:20 am (Time Slot 6)
11:20 am - 11:40 am (Time Slot 7)
11:40 am - 12:00 pm (Time Slot 8)
12:00 pm - 12:20 pm (Time Slot 9)
12:20 pm - 12:40 pm (Time Slot 10)
2:00 pm - 2:20 pm (Time Slot 11)
2:20 pm - 2:40 pm (Time Slot 12)
2:40 pm - 3:00 pm (Time Slot 13)
3:00 pm - 3:20 pm (Time Slot 14)
3:20 pm - 3:40 pm (Time Slot 15)
3:40 pm - 4:00 pm (Time Slot 16)
4:00 pm - 4:20 pm (Time Slot 17)
4:20 pm - 4:40 pm (Time Slot 18)
4:40 pm Grab and Go Break to: Closing Keynote (5:00 pm)
Awards and Closing (6:00 pm - 6:20 pm)
Q: Can I submit more than one abstract?
A: Yes, but although having the same person deliver more than one talk is permitted, it is not encouraged. Also, although a poster presenter may present two posters (one in Poster Session A and one in Poster Session B), we encourage labs to involve multiple presenters.
Q: Can previously accepted work be considered for a poster?
A: Yes, we do ask that you note the year the work was published and provide the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) during the submission process.
Q: What is the size for a poster?
A: Details are posted at: https://www.iscb.org/ismbeccb2019-submit/abstracts#postersize