ISMB/ECCB 2021 Call for SARS-Cov-2 / COVID-19 Abstracts
COVID-19 Track Chairs:
Co-chair: Thomas Lengauer, Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Saarbucken, Germany
Co-chair: Shoshana Wodak, VIB‐VUB Center for Structural Biology, Brussels, Belgium
We invite abstracts for computational biology research that is topical to the current SARS-Cov-2/COVID-19 pandemic for consideration for presentation during the ISMB/ECCB 2021 conference. Issues pertaining to the pandemic or the SARS-Cov-2 virus must lie at the center of the contribution and not just be a use case for an otherwise broader research result. The contributions should contain significant components of computational biology, bioinfomatics, or data science.
Research topics may include but are not limited to:
- Evolving methods of modeling epidemics, and their effects
- Phylogenetic analysis of SARS-CoV-2 data and variants
- Reports on various open science initiatives on SARS-CoV-2
- Structure prediction of relevant proteins and protein complexes
- New PPI data and analyses
- COVID-19 drug discovery/ drug repurposing efforts
- COVID-19 related data collections/ resources
- Various biophysical modeling/ simulation studies of viral proteins
- Sars-Cov2 interactions with antibodies and nano-bodies
- Host genetics and epigenetics of COVID-19
Your abstract should be submitted to the SARS-Cov-2 / COVID-19 submission portal no later than May 6, 2021.
Multiple talks: The same research is not permitted to be given more than once as an oral presentation at ISMB/ECCB 2021.
|SARS-Cov-2 / COVID-19 Abstract Submission Key Dates *Updated May 19, 2021|
|Monday, February 8, 2021||Call for COVID-19 Abstracts Opens|
|Thursday, May 6, 2021||Abstracts Submission Deadline
(closes at 11:59 p.m. May 6, Eastern Daylight Time)
|Thursday, May 20, 2021||Acceptance Notifications|
|Sunday, June 20||Last day for Presenters to have completed release forms, confirmation of participation (form sent by ISMB)|
|Sunday, June 20||Last day for Presenting Authors and Poster Authors registration to be completed|
|Wednesday, June 30, 2021||Last day to provide Pre-recorded talk presentations for virtual conference platform (no changes to video permitted following upload)|
|Monday, July 19, 2021||Poster presentations uploaded through accepted poster delegate profile on conference platform beginning July 19|
Any recent research, published or unpublished is eligible for submission and should be received by May 6, 2021. Acceptance notifications will be sent no later than Thursday, May 20, 2021.
The presenter should be identified during the submission process. One is able to identify the presenter directly in the EasyChair submission portal. Presenters of accepted abstracts are required to make the presentation themselves, and must register and pay to attend the conference.
- All abstracts must be submitted using the conference submission site by the abstract deadline: May 6, 2021 (You have until 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time).
- Accepted abstracts (maximum 200 words) will be posted on the conference web site. Authors should upload an extended abstract of up to at most two (2) pages of text and one (1) additional page of graphics/figures in PDF format during the submission process. *Do not submit extended abstracts exceeding three (3) pages total*
- The 200 word abstract should be a brief and concise summary of the background/motivation for the study, method and result(s), as well as conclusion/statement of significance. The abstract is submitted through the EasyChair submission system. The PDF (two (2) pages text plus one (1) page graphics maximum) can be uploaded to provide additional details including figures and graphics that support the main points of the abstract.
- Your abstract must not contain your title/position or any personal information (e.g. affiliation). These details will be collected through the EasyChair submission system.
- Selected Abstract talks will be presented in a special track that runs in parallel with other tracks on other topics during the conference. The length of a talk is 12 minutes plus 3 minutes for Q&A (15 minutes total).
- Your abstract should convey a scientific result and should not be an advertisement for any commercial software package.
- All submissions will be evaluated by the Track Chairs and Conference Steering committee.