Call for Special Sessions Proposals - ISMB/ECCB 2017
Closes: Monday, January 30, 2017.
ISMB/ECCB 2017 will feature Special Sessions track for emerging research areas that will run throughout the conference in parallel to other tracks (except the keynote presentations). In its structure, each session(s) provides more in-depth look at the subject matter presented. Proposals for special sessions should be submitted via the online submission system at here by Monday, January 30, 2017.
|Special Sessions Deadlines
|Monday, November 28, 2016
|Call for Special Sessions Opens
|Monday, January 30, 2017
|Special Session Proposal Submission Deadline
|Tuesday, February 28, 2017
|Special Session Acceptance Notification
|Wednesday, March 15, 2017
|Special Session Complete Program on web
Special Sessions have the purpose of introducing the ISCB community and ISMB/ECCB delegates to relevant 'hot' topics that are not already covered in the COSI tracks. Sessions can be considered as mini-symposia on timely topics, or new emerging area presented by top experts.
A wide range of topics is possible, as long as they are of relevance to computational biology and bioinformatics. We also encourage topics that are marginal to computational biology but clearly will need the involvement of such expertise in the near future. The proposed topics for Special Session might, for example, cover emerging themes that ISMB/ECCB is not currently approaching with the desired proficiency. Some attractive topics include:
Biological imaging and image analysis
Data compression and storage
Mathematical and computational medicine
New sequencing technologies
In addition we would like to encourage submissions that deal with the Society-Computational Biology interface. Examples might be “Genomic data sharing and privacy”, "Bringing genomic medicine to the clinic”. We encourage you to submit a proposal on an area that you deem as important to the computational biology community and may impact the future of the field.
Proposals should include the following details:
- Title (up to 20 words, preferably worded to pique delegates' interest)
- Topic: Describe the field to be covered by the session(s) and its relevance for conference participants (about one page)
- Meeting details
- Duration (2 hour session, 4 hour session, 1 day)
- Expected sessions / topics, if possible with an explanatory paragraph about each
- If more than 2 hours, a draft schedule showing how the sessions / topics will be organized within the schedule template, including placement of keynotes, accepted talks, panel discussions, etc.
- How presentations will be selected (invitation, call for submissions, etc.)
- Possible speakers. This is not required, but may add weight to the proposal—indicate speakers who have already agreed to participate. NOTE: See Special Session Registration information for more details about compensation.
- Previous meetings of this with attendance statistics, if held before
- Potential sources of sponsorship for the session(s). ISCB provides session organizers with one-day complimentary registration for the invited speakers (maximum of four (4) per session) for those attending ISMB/ECCB 2017 for the sole purpose of presenting within the Special Session. We encourage the organizers to approach experts from related fields and communities that are not necessarily attending ISMB/ECCB routinely. Organizers will be responsible for raising sponsorship for additional complimentary registrations.
- Information about the organizers: full name (including title), affiliation, e-mail and postal addresses, telephone numbers (work and mobile, if available, including country and city codes), URL of home page, and qualifications to organize this meeting.
This call is an invitation for scientists and professionals to submit proposals for Special Sessions for ISMB/ECCB 2017, to take place at the Prague Congress Centre, Prague, Czech Republic.
Special Session Registration: